Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This is my beloved, my friend...


As an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men.
With great delight I sat in his shadow...
My beloved is radiant and ruddy, distinguished among ten thousand.
His head is the finest gold; his locks are wavy, black as a raven.
His eyes are like doves beside streams of water, bathed in milk, sitting beside a full pool.
His cheeks are like beds of spices, mounds of sweet-smelling herbs.
His lips are lilies, dripping liquid myrrh. His arms are rods of gold, set with jewels.
His body is polished ivory, bedecked with sapphires.
His legs are alabaster columns, set on bases of gold.
His appearance is like Lebanon, choice as the cedars.
His mouth is most sweet, and he is altogether desirable.
This is my beloved and this is my friend...
---From the book of the Song of Solomon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eric and I will often have conversations during the late evening hours. It is during these times that I try to convey my apprecation for the things he does for me and our family. Recently, I found myself saying 'I love you more' in response to his 'I love you'. It is a constant reminder that I need to love him MORE. I need to remind myself to be the Proverbs 31 wife that I so strive to be. I have fall short many days, many times. Last night was one of those times. Today is a new day and a perfect opportunity for me to spend in the counsel of my Father. Whenever I have one of those NS31 (not-so-proverbs 31 )times, I take the time to mediate on the book of the Song of Solomon. It is what fills my heart with love and fuels my passion, for the man God gave me.
Thank you, Lord for your living word.
Eric hates the pictures when he's half smiling half laughing, but it reminds me so much of when I first met him (when his dimples weren't hidden by facial hair).

0 thoughts from friends: