Thursday, September 11, 2008

Praying for our Children

I am very excited to be sharing my new-found love for praying for our children.
"The Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie OMartian.

Chapter 2
Releasing My Child into God's Hands
-When we release our children into His hands we should feel joy and peace.
-Don't limit what God can do with our children by clutching them to ourselves
-If we are not positive God is in control of our children's lives, we will put ourselves on the path to a life of fear.
-Surrender your children by living according to His word, His ways, and in Prayer.


Starting your list:

Handing Over Our Children into God’s Hands

-Lam 2:19 says: Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord. Lift your hands toward him for the life of your young children.
-Show us how to release our kids under your control, guidance, protection and counsel.

-Guard us from clutching our children to ourselves and our will for their lives that we limit what you have planned for them.

-Help us to remember these are your children that you have entrusted in our care while here on earth, a privilege for which we are so challenged and blessed.

-Proverbs 22:6 says: Train up a child in the way he should go and he will not depart from it.

-Remind us not to live in fear, but assurance of your promises
Keep us living according to your word, by your example, and in constant prayer to you.

Take the challenge- start praying for your children, if you already pray, take this opportunity to renew your love of prayer.

*****Add personal and specific prayers for each of your children.
*****Read 1 Samuel 1-2 about Hannah, a woman who entrusted her son, Samuel, to God.
*****Start a prayer journal. Write down these requests, scripture and learn from Hannah.



3 thoughts from friends:

Erin Burns said...

I am excited to start this challenge with you. Thank you for the inspiration! Can't wait to share with you how God and prayer work together in my life and my childrens.

Aubs said...

What an amazing challenge Jean! I love to have a more "mature" christian like yourself to look up to and learn from! I have no doubt that God brought us back together! I'm excited to use this challenge as inspiration to remember to include specific prayers for each of my children in my daily prayers. Thank you for being God's servant and for allowing him to work through you!

Danielle said...

Thanks for inviting me Jean! This is a challenge worthy of my time. It is so easy to get in the rut of meaningless, bla bla bla prayers.