Friday, June 27, 2008

Trading my frustrations for His peace

Frustration is an emotion that I deal with on a minute by minute basis for one reason or another. When I took time to really sit and share my frustration with my Father, I took the time to listen to His calming truths.


Frustrating....
A boy who grows up in a disfunctional home: taught how to make bad decisions more than good ones. For we all know that children learn by example. What will happen to this boy? He will one day become a man and thus a member of our community and head a family. So the cycle will continue and be passed down from parent to child.

Peace....
Was there any point when they cycle could have been broken? I want to say yes, for I am an example of a broken cycle. Is it God's will? Not right now. God answers my prayers with a 'not right now'. It is His will for this boy to be where he is. Sadly, God lets us make mistakes (for I have made many), to mold us to what He wills for us.



Frustrating....
Being on the outside of a situation and seeing the future outcome of poor choices being made in the present. Seeing another repeating cycle and not having the power to change it.

Peace....
I'm thankful that I am NOT in control and everything works to His honor and glory.



Frustrating....
"For all sin and fall short of the glory of God." Losing my temper at my babies yelling at them to pick up the toys. I brought disappointment to my Father.

Peace....
Thankful for His mercy and forgiveness.



Frustrating....
Seeing my Dad live a life without the Lord. My Dad is my Dad, and to see him almost homeless, disabled, low and struggling---all the while leaning on his pride and stubbornness---is heartbreaking and draining.

Peace....
Again, God answers my prayers with "MY PLAN not yours."


Frustrating....
Learning to lean on God and let go. Letting go of a good friendship because the Lord is calling me and she has different priorities right now. Wanting to talk to her but something holds me back....?

Peace...
I am leaning on God for wisdom and clarity- both of which He has already promised.

1 thoughts from friends:

Aubs said...

Jean...i so wish we lived closer. You just have a way of writing that makes me believe you would be such a source of peace for me....to have someone to talk to and get solid christian love and advice from. I admire you.....i aspire to continue to grow in the Lord and to be the type of woman you are! You are truly amazing! Hugs to you!