Sunday, March 2, 2008

Friends far and near

I received a card in the mail that I just couldn't pass up the chance to talk about. It was from a girlfriend of mine that I truly love. She is so beautiful (she'd disagree). I love being around her and wish we lived a little closer. I used to work with her before we had kids. Now that we both have kids we have more in common and have more excuses to see each other :-).

Anyway, this card was filled with encouraging words and how thankful she was for our friendship. I sat there holding this card in my hand, staring at the words she had written in disbelief. I always place myself on the other side of the fence: in admiration of others.

I have two great new friends that have blogs, Rebecca & Tracy. Though I have never met either of them, both have impacted my life. Impacted. On the days when I am most down I pull up their blogs and feel my spirit soar. It is in Tracy's blog that I find myself marveling at this woman that God has transformed from her difficult past into a glowing flower of encouragement. One one particular occasion she decided to get up early for church and "dapple" in the kitchen to create a beautiful cheesecake. How wondrous! It is in Rebecca's blog that I find a sister to share my aspirations of being a better mother and christian. I laugh, I cry and I thank God for her. When she shares her struggles I REJOICE in sharing in the same struggles in my own life. I cannot count the lessons that He has revealed through her. Every night I sit reading their blogs. When I finish reading I sit there with my hands on top of the laptop and pray for these women thanking the Lord for them and the technology of the Internet to learn from them. I love both these women like sisters.

So I sat there staring at this card I received in utter shock, not knowing what to say or do. To have touched someone's life the way others have touched mine is remarkable to me. It is a reminder that I need to get off the pity-pot and remember who I am, a daughter of the King, witness to His goodness rather than self-glorification.

Thank you, Jennifer, I hope you read this. You sent that card to tell me how you appreciate me, but in the end, I find myself in appreciation of you.

2 thoughts from friends:

Tracy said...

Oh Jean Marie! Thank you for your kind words. Isn't it funny how we don't see what we are doing right, how we feel like we are failing miserably, and we probably are, but God still uses us for His glory?

You've only started blogging, and haven't revealed too much, but I can see what a wonderful mother you are, and how you love your husband. May the Lord continue to bless you. Continue. Yes, He's blessed you much already!

Rebecca said...

Jean Marie~

For shame. When you first spoke about this blog (As He Reveals) I mentally tucked away the knowledge, thinking I would add it to my google reader when I got a chance. Then...forgot.

It's no doubt been a few weeks since I last visited, because there are quite a few new posts here!

I had fun reading them and 'catching up' on this side of your life.

I found hope for myself in hearing about how the Lord worked through your house deal as this has been a constant concern of mine lately. And I LOVED the post you wrote about the Gold Star! It was a very artistic post with a big message!

Jean Marie~ I hope I don't disappoint you and taint your view of me upon meeting me in person! I am so glad you were able to realize, through a friend, indeed how special you are. I really REALLY look forward to meeting you Jean Marie. I am just SO excited for the opportunity and so overwhelmingly grateful!

I just can't wait to see you. That's all. :-)